Good hearing is vital for healthy childhood development. Our highly qualified team can diagnose and treat your child's hearing to help them learn, play and grow.
At Richmond Audiology we’re proud to offer exceptional hearing care for children aged 3 years and above. We provide a full range of services including comprehensive testing and diagnostic services.
Good hearing is vital to a child’s development in language and communication, particularly in early years, however many children experience complications during their early years that goes untreated.
At Richmond Audiology we take a holistic approach to caring for your hearing. That means we work with your family’s individual needs to make sure your child is able to fully participate in kinder, school and their community with nothing holding them back.
It all starts with a simple hearing test which we can tailor to suit the age and needs of your child. If you're concerned about your child's hearing in any way, start the conversation with us today about your options.
Child Assessments, from 3 years of age (30 Minute appointments)
- Detailed history of hearing and ear health
- Pure-tone audiometry
- Middle-ear function test
- Speech audiometry (depending on age and development)
- Detailed discussion of results
- Recommendation of appropriate follow-up and/or management (if required)
- Written report to referrer, parents and any other 3rd party requested, for example, school
- A medical referral is not required.
Contact us to book a hearing test if your child is experiencing the following signs & symptoms
- Delayed speech and language development
- Deteriorating speech
- Not responding when called from another room or when there is background noise around
- Saying “pardon” or “what?” often
- Liking loud TV volume, but hating sudden / unexpected loud noises, for example a vacuum cleaners, dogs barking, shouting
- Watching faces intently during conversation
- Complaining of “noises” in ears, especially at night when quiet
- Not remembering instructions
- Shouting or whispering while speaking
- Bursts of “naughtiness”
- Lacking in concentration
- Difficulties at school
- Distracting other class mates and being easily distracted
- Copying other children in class
A Common Condition
Almost every child under two years will have at least one episode of middle ear fluid which will cause a hearing loss. Many children will suffer recurrent episodes.
One out of every three primary school aged children will have some degree of hearing loss at any given time, which can affect learning and behaviour.
Ask us about custom earplugs for kids!
- Noise protection
- Water protection
- Musicians’ earplugs
(great for home practice & school bands)
- Ready-made options are also available